This training is meant to teach the participants on how to use the charring kilns to produce char powder from dry biomass and on how to use the extruder to manufacture the briquettes. Training include a 1.5hp electrical extruder, a charring kiln and two days practical training with one ARTI qualified trainer.
This training can accommodate up to 10 participants.
The main steps of the 2 day training include:
- Identify locally available biomass that can be used in the charring process
- Filling the kiln properly and pyroloyzing the dry biomass to produce quality char powder, including safety in the pyrolyzing process
- Sifting the char powder to remove contamination and ensuring it is the right consistency for briquetting
- Making of the binder and mixing with the char powder
- Operation of the briquette machine (extruder)
- Drying the briquettes
The cost of the training in Dar es Salaam is 2,200,000 Tanzanian shillings (inclusive of 1.5hp electrical extruder, charcoal kiln & 2 days practical training). If training is outside of Dar es Salaam additional charges for transport of equipment and travel and accommodation of the trainer will be added.
Upon completion of the training each participant will be awarded a certificate of completion from ARTI Tanzania.
Contact us for more information and quotation.